Mili Dueli is the most popular poetry competition in the former Yugoslavia. It is an unusual online poetry contest that brings together not only Balkan but also world authors and from year to year gets the prefix of a pan-European online poetry festival. The main feature of Mili Dueli is always a FREE REGISTRATION that is sent from the comfort of your home, which represents a great advantage because of the presence of social networks in the daily routine. Mili Dueli is a kind of opportunity for Balkan authors to cooperate in an era after years of war, political divisions and imposed barriers. Mili Dueli is monitored from your home, online, via mobile and laptop devices. The seat of the contest is Jajce, 🇧🇦 Bosnia and Herzegovina.
TIME: 2020 /2021
ORGANIZER: Nermin Delić, writer, M.D.
Briefly about the 2020 season: Mili Dueli 2020 – an online Balkan poetry contest, gathered 739 registered authors from 52 countries in the First Round. The contest was inspired by the idea of Nermin Delic. This time it presented an interesting concept from the very beginning. In the first round, which lasted from June 1 to June 30, 2020, the organizer of the contest Nermin Delic had the task to review all applications and select approximately 500 applications that will be presented to the jury and readers of Mili Dueli on the social network Facebook (about 15 000 readers). The second round lasted from July 12 to August 24, 2020. You can see more about the organization of the Second Round here. On October 3, 2020, the Third Round began in which the TOP 250 authors participated. You can see more about the organization of the Third Round here. The third round ended on February 21.
ORGANIZATION OF THE FOURTH ROUND
The start date of the Fourth Round will be announced later. What is certain is that no duel will be set at the same time as other duels. After the end of each duel, the results will be announced, and only then will the next duel be announced.
Number of duels and participants: 16 duels will be presented in this round. Each Balkan country will have a separate duel (a total of 11 duels). The twelth duel is the union of the Balkan diaspora, and the remaining four duels are continental (Africa; Asia + Australia; Europe; North + South America). In the Fourth Round, we have the TOP 100 best authors out of 739 registered this year.
DUEL 1 – 🇧🇦 BALKAN – BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
DUEL 2 – 🇷🇸 BALKAN – SERBIA
DUEL 3 – 🇭🇷 BALKAN – CROATIA
DUEL 4 – 🇲🇪 BALKAN – MONTENEGRO
DUEL 5 – 🇲🇰 BALKAN – NORTH MACEDONIA
DUEL 6 – 🇧🇬 BALKAN – BULGARIA
DUEL 7 – 🇦🇱 BALKAN – ALBANIA
DUEL 8 – 🇬🇷 BALKAN – GREECE
DUEL 9 – 🇽🇰 BALKAN – KOSOVO
DUEL 10 – 🇷🇴 BALKAN – ROMANIA
DUEL 11 – 🇸🇮 BALKAN – SLOVENIA
DUEL 12 – BALKAN DIASPORA
DUEL 13 – NON-BALKAN COUNTRIES – AFRICA
DUEL 14 – NON-BALKAN COUNTRIES – ASIA AND AUSTRALIA
DUEL 15 – NON-BALKAN COUNTRIES – EUROPE
DUEL 16 – NON-BALKAN COUNTRIES – SOUTH AMERICA AND NORTH AMERICA
In the Fourth Round, the authors will be presented with one poem. The author will choose the poem with the help of a mentor.
- Each member of the Mili Dueli 2020 jury has the role of mentor.
- The decision for whom a certain member of the jury will be a mentor was made by the organizer based on the grades that the authors received from the jury.
- Each author will receive one mentor.
- The role of mentor implies the role of helping the author in the selection of poems, all for the purpose of better placement of the author.
- The mentor also has the task of cooperating with the author, pointing out possible informational, grammatical and stylistic irregularities to the author.
- The author is not obliged to adopt the opinion of the mentor.
- How to send a poem for the 4th round: The poem is sent via a link that will be delivered to each author by the Organizer in a private message (inbox) on the social network Facebook.
- All authors who do not submit a poem within the stipulated time will be automatically eliminated.
The collaboration for the selection of poems lasts for 25 days, starting from March 20 to April 15. The poems can be registered at any time after this publication.
Schedule of mentorship and authors by duels:
DUEL 1 – 🇧🇦 Bosna i Hercegovina
DUEL 2 – 🇷🇸 Srbija
DUEL 3 – 🇭🇷 Hrvatska
DUEL 4 – 🇲🇪 Crna Gora
DUEL 5 – 🇲🇰 Sjeverna Makedonija
DUEL 6 – 🇧🇬 Bugarska
DUEL 7 – 🇦🇱Albanija
DUEL 8 – 🇬🇷Grčka
DUEL 9 – 🇽🇰Kosovo
DUEL 10 – 🇷🇴Rumunija
DUEL 11 – 🇸🇮Slovenija
DUEL 12 – Balkanska dijaspora
DUEL 13 – Afrika
DUEL 14 – Azija i Australija
DUEL 15 – Evropa (bez balkanskih zemalja)
DUEL 16 – Sjeverna Amerika i Južna Amerika
VOTING OF JURY AND READERS
Voting in the Fourth Round will be conducted by Mili Dueli Jury and readers.
1. Mili Dueli Jury
Voting rules of the international jury Mili Dueli 2020
- In each duel vote: Organizer, Mentor / s and Additional member / s of the jury. The total number of jury members in each duel is 7.
- ORGANIZER: In each duel of the 4th round, the organizer votes. The organizer gives double Eurovision points. He observes the authors and their work for several months and rewards the authors and their poems with his points. By a detailed analysis of the poem and the author’s presentation so far, the Organizer will explain each of his votes.
- MENTOR(S): In each duel there are authors to whom Mentors have been given. Each author has one Mentor. The mentor has been assigned to the author by the Organizer. If the author and Mentor are not interacting well during the selection of poems, the author can contact the Organizer for help. The goal of mentoring is to establish cooperation and literary interaction between the authors of the region. In one duel (eg. a duel of authors from Bosnia and Herzegovina), the role of mentor can be played by several members of our jury, so that some members of the jury are Mentors to a certain number of authors. One author can never have two or more Mentors. When voting, Mentor gives Eurovision points. At the same time, the Mentor evaluates all the authors who participated in that duel, not only the ones he/she mentored. The work of the Mentor is based on volunteering and represents the good will of renowned writers from the Balkans and the earlier winners of the Mili Dueli.
- ADDITIONAL JURY MEMBER(S): Additional members of the jury are not Mentors. They will read all the poems of the authors of the duel and vote completely independently of the opinion of the other members of the jury. Their number in duels is variable and depends on the number of Mentors in a particular duel. If it is a duel of Bosnian authors, they have a total of 3 Mentors + Organizer, and since each duel must have 7 members of the jury, Additional jury members in this duel is 3. Also, in the case of a duel of authors from Romania, where there is only 1 Mentor + Organizer, in order to achieve a figure of 7 members of the jury, 5 more Additional members of the jury were appointed. Additional members of the jury vote with points 0, 1, 2 and 3. These points Additional members of the jury can share according to the impression after reading the poems, without rules on the number of repetitions of a particular point. Thus, for example, all authors can receive 3 points, but also 0 points, or the points can be divided as the Additional member of the jury considers to be objectively fair.
Jury schedule by duels:
Readers’ voting rules
- Readers vote through the two social networks Facebook and Instagram.
- FACEBOOK: Voting via the social network Facebook will take place on the official Facebook page of Mili Dueli, which you can visit by clicking HERE. There, each poem will be posted individually, and voting will be via the LIKE (y) . The votes will be counted exclusively from the readers who follow our page. So, in order for the vote to be valid, the condition is that you follow the Mili Dueli Facebook page. All received likes will be reviewed and the authors will be ranked in each duel. Based on that, they will be awarded Eurovision points.
- INSTAGRAM: Voting via the social network Instagram will take place on the official Instagram page of Mili Dueli, which you can visit by clicking HERE. There, each poem will be posted individually, and voting will be via the HEART tag (<3). Votes will be counted exclusively from readers who follow our Instagram page. Based on the number (<3), the authors will be ranked in each duel and will be awarded Eurovision points.
Author selection method: Who will be in the last, Fifth round (TOP 50)?
Special notes for Balkan countries:
Each Balkan country (B&H, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Bulgaria, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania and Slovenia) will have a winner. The author who wins first place will receive a special national diploma (and medal) at the end of the season.
Authors who won FIRST, SECOND and THIRD places from BiH, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Bulgaria and Albania go directly to the last, Fifth round (TOP 50).
Authors who won FIRST and SECOND place from Greece, Kosovo, Romania and Slovenia go directly to the last, fifth round (TOP 50).
Special notes for the Balkan diaspora:
Authors who won FIRST, SECOND and THIRD places and are part of the Balkan Diaspora go directly to the last, fifth round (TOP 50). The author who wins first place will receive a special diploma (and medal) from the Balkan Diaspora at the end of the season.
Special notes for non-Balkan countries:
There are a total of 33 authors from non-Balkan countries. After a detailed analysis, the places to go to the finals will be for 18 of them. Special diplomas (and medals) will be awarded to first place winners in Africa, Australia and Asia, Europe and North and South America.
In total, a record 50 authors will be presented in the Fifth Round through an interesting Final 1, Final 2 and Grand Final event. The Fifth round will have 3 final evenings, two Finals where 25 authors will be presented (of which 10 authors will go to the Grand Finals) and one Grand Final (Mili Dueli 2020 – Grand finals), where the 20 best authors will be presented. authors from whom the best one will be chosen.
All results will be published on our official website.
ABOUT THE FIFTH ROUND
A spectacular organization is expected that we still keep secret! – organizer promises to us.
SO, WHAT TO DO NOW? LET’S START!
The first thing you should do is to contact your mentor right now and send him a few (or one) of your poems in a private message on Facebook.
Here is their Facebook profiles, so just look for your mentor:
All rights reserved.
Mili DUELI (by Nermin Delić)
Online Balkan Poetry Contest
Bosnia and Herzegovina